One of the biggest needs of each survivor we work with is a positive, strong community to offer them support and encouragement. In addition to support and case management from our staff Advocates, we pair each Brave One with a long-term volunteer mentor. We have 10 NEW Volunteer Mentorship opportunities starting in April continuing through December.
Qualifications of a Volunteer Mentor:
- Be female
- Be 23 or older
- Be actively involved in a church
- Have a calm temperament, the ability to put people at ease, be a conversationalist, and be comfortable with taking the initiative in building relationships
- Have your own car, and be willing to provide transportation for your Brave One
Steps to becoming a Volunteer Mentor:
- Fill out a volunteer application at www.rescueher.org/volunteer. To speed up the process, email email@example.com that you are interested in becoming a volunteer mentor.
- Attend our General Volunteer Orientation Thursday, March 28th from 7-8:30 PM at New Life Family Church.
- Complete an interview with a Rescue Her staff member
- Interviews will be approximately an hour in length. Please pick an hour block between 12 PM - 8 PM on one of the dates listed: Tuesday, April 2nd, Tuesday, April 9th, Thursday, April 11th from 12-4 PM.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your interview spot.
- If you are approved following your interview, you must attend a MANDATORY mentor training on April 15th from 7 - 8:30 PM.
- After the mandatory training, you will meet once more with a Rescue Her staff to be assigned your Brave One. Dates and times to be determined, but will be between April 15th - April 30th.
Volunteer Mentor commitments:
- Commit to the mentorship program for the remainder of 2019 (April-December)
- Attend our weekly Empower support group with your Brave One every Monday from 7-8:30 PM starting in May
- Provide transportation for your Brave One to and from this weekly support group
- Have at least one point of contact with your Brave One a week (phone call, text messages, or in person meeting)
- Cover any minor expenses associated with mentoring your Brave One, such as gas, cost of any optional activities you choose to do with your mentees
- Limited financial assistance will be provided by Rescue Her. Details will be discussed during training and interview
- Log all meetings/interactions with your Brave One, and report to RH staff advocate weekly (does not need to be in-person)